Friday 1 February 2019

Back to School 2019

Same room,  very different students!

Week one 2019 is already done and dusted! This year will be an interesting one as my classroom is very different from last year. They appear a lot calmer and reserved. Last year I had a lot of super extroverted, bold and confident year 8s who immediately were established as the 'leaders'  and big personalities of the classroom. In turn, the class fed off the energy, and the classroom was pretty lively from the get go. In stark contrast, this year my year 8s are a lot more laid back but quietly confident, and most of my year 7s are pretty timid.

My mission

My mission this term is to help my students to break out of their shells (especially the year 7s), and to help them to feel safe, included and happy in room six. I also want to help the year 8s realise their potential to be fantastic leaders.

How will I do this? With activities in the first 3 weeks that encourage students to make connections, take risks, collaborate and have fun together! Stay tuned to find out more about my team building activities and lessons about our school values.

So far I am absolutely loving my new classroom. I am looking forward to getting to know my new students and helping the class to be the best class they can be!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!