Friday 12 February 2016

Digital Immersion: Day One


Today marked the beginning of my MDTA Digital Immersion days in the MDTA.  These professional meetings are a chance for the MDTA BTs to share their experiences, as well as immerse ourselves in the digital world so we can use technology effectively in the classroom.  


The day started off with a discussion on how the MDTA BTs are settling into our classrooms. It is very reassuring to know that the MDTA BTs and Leaders are all in this journey together.  I feel very lucky to be a part of a Professional Learning Group (PLG) that shares their experiences, as it allows us to learn with and from each other.


Our digital learning of today was about Google Docs.  One thing I learnt was to use the 'Styles' section to create headings and subheadings.  Gone are the days of creating headings by changing the font!  This is very useful as you can then create a Table of Contents so you can click on a heading and find it instantly.  We also explored Add-ons for Google Docs and shared them in a Google Presentation.  I chose to share Lucidchart, as it is a great way to organise your thinking in a visual form. 


Our last task was to create a Digital Learning Object (DLO) to show what has resonated with us today.  Here is my Google Draw:



I am looking forward to continuing to learn, create and share my learning on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!