Friday, 9 September 2016

Editing day for the Manaiakalani Film Festival

Today we were able to put all our footage together and edit our films.  As I began filming I realised that I needed more footage to complete the film.  Luckily it was another sunny day so I was able to quickly head to school to get the extra footage.

We decided that we wanted our film to follow a storyline, from what the students do when they wake up to the end of the day.  The learners came up with some great ideas so I am glad that we had extra time to film. We also decided that we needed to include more sports in our film, and not just include training.  We added in netball and rugby.


The editing process was time consuming but addicting. Because the class decided to use a song to go with our movie, we had to make sure the film and time of each part matched up with the beat of the song.  This was a challenge but I am glad that I stuck with it. I also had to think carefully about our subtitles.  

No comments:

Post a comment

Tell me what you think!